If a dad is 0 positive does his kids have to be o positive to blood type?

• Jen
    Favorite Answer

No, The child's blood type is determined by both parents. You can have an O child by both parents having O blood. And also if the mother is either A or B.

The RH factor (+ or - blood) can be either. Even if both parents are +, a child could be negative.

You can read more and determine possible blood types here...

http://www.biology.arizona.edu/human_bio/problem_s...

• CG

No. He has OO blood (one O from his Mom, one O from his Dad). O is recessive as well, so if one of his parents had passed on an A or B, he would have been AO or BO which is the equivalent of having A or B blood.

BUT, if his wife has AA or BB blood or even AO or BO blood, she could pass along the A or B to the kids who would then become A or B.

Simple answer...The only way a kid HAS to be O is for Mom AND Dad to be O.

• Jacy

My mom is O+ and my Dad was not. Two out of four of their children ended up being O+. It really depends on the blood type of both parents and the chromosomes that they have.

NO! Both of my parents are O+ and I'm O-. I'm the only one of eight children to be O-. This just means that both my parents carried a recessive O- gene and I happened to come up with both recessives. My Dad's Mom is also O-.

Absolutely not. The child is made from two parents, not just the father alone. The child could have his/her mothers blood type.

You mom might desire to be the two AA (homozygous) or AO (heterozygous), she would be pos or neg as nicely, because of the fact the Rh is a little extra complicated and she or he would be heterozygous or homozygous; you dad could be hetero or homozygous for the D (Rh) as nicely.

The genetics of if ... If you are O positive there is a one in ten chance of any of your children being O posisitve.

Source(s): I was a nurse.

Nope if you are asking this because of a paternity issue take a DNA test it would be less complicated

No. Not at all.