what is the best diet?

Favorite Answer

The best diet is discipline.....we generally eat out of boredom, people mostly eat for the pleasure of the palette, rather than eating for benefits or to even sustain life . Keeping physically active is important. Ask and look before you eat. Ask yourself: "Am I really hungry or am I just bored?" Ask yourself: " What benefits am I and my body going to get from this food type that I'm about to stick into my mouth and ultimately digest?" Look for: Fat content....."You can't get fat if you don't eat fat." Drink water like you have never drank it before. Most people drink water when they are thirsty.....it's already to late by then, your system is telling you that you are being depleted of it's single most important necessity. Discipline is far better then any fad diet you can find..............If you want to you can do it.......the mind, body and soul have to work together. Fad diets are just that designed to make you spend money on something that you can do yourself for much cheaper and with far better results.........IF YOU HAVE DISCIPLINE!!!!!!!!!! If you want it bad enough you will go out and achieve your goal!!!!!

Source(s): former trainer

Go to MyPyramid.gov and print out the amount of food you should intake for a healthy lifestyle. Its not much but its better than paying for food from a diet place that can run you about 350 or more a month.

Personally, I don't think one diet is the best.

It all depends on the person.

One thing that works wonders for you might not work at all on me.

So it's all in finding what works best for you, and go with it.

Eating what you want in moderation. Tracking your calories is key though if you truly want to lose weight. Try using the website www.SparkPeople.com for help. It really works! But if you choose a diet, you'll be eliminating foods that you love! Why would you want to do that?

Check out a book called "The Negative Calorie Effect" which tells you what foods you can eat a lot of and what foods to only eat small portions of. This book states that you can eat as much as you want of certain foods: complex carbs such as brown rice, green peppers, celery, legumes, etc.

Good luck!

• nobody

just eat right thats the best diet

In my college nutrition course, the Weight Watchers diet was given the highest rating for being safe, healthy, and effective long-term. (i like mypyramid.gov, too)

Yay, go vegetarian! >-< a healthy and balanced diet is best...

• iroc

Fruits , grains, nuts,and vegetables if you practice only this you will live a long time.

get rid of sugar salt lots of bread and just move away from soda.

Source(s): life

a vegetarian diet is the healthiest lifestyle i have found yet!