which is better? laptop vs. desktop.?

Favorite Answer

Desktops are cheaper to buy and cheaper to fix if you have a problem. But laptops are so easy to carry around with you, even if it's just using them in different rooms in your house.

I bought a new computer recently and I decided on a laptop from Dell. It was pretty cheap, and pretty much all computers come with wireless networking cards built in, so that's not even a concern or extra cost. I keep it at my desk, but use it on my couch, in my bed, wherever. It's just so much more convenient.

I think the only reason I would get a laptop would be if I needed a huge screen for some reason, or if I wanted to make changes and upgrade it all the time.

Desktop is cheaper to repair than laptop but laptop is portable. Depends on what you want in the end.

Get a desktop if you want something with a lot of features and power. Get a laptop if you want to bring it around with you

My experience is that laptops are much harder to repair, more open to theft, and underpowered compared to the same amount of money you can spend on a desktop. If mobility is not an issue, get a desktop.....

I prefer desktop for gaming and stuff like that. but laptops are good for everything, plus not to mention wi-fi is better on a laptop

Depends on your needs. I prefer laptop and I have 2 because they are Portable, of course. But a GOOD thing about Desktops is that all Parts are repaceable and upgradeable. You can only upgrade certain things in a laptop, not everything...

Laptop is always better tha only thing thats no similiar is the memory, but if you need memory just get an external hard drive. Plus you can take your laptop anywere not the case with a pc.

I have both....and I would have to say...my laptop. I love it....I live on it. However if you want something bigger that you can do more work on...then a desktop. so I guess it depends on what you need it for.

A laptop because u can take it where u want.

laptop of course