Looking for a Funny Poem for Competition?

My Little Sister is competing in a state speech and music competition for 4th-6th grade age students and she wants to enter the Oral Interpretation of Poetry Competition. Any Suggestions on where to find good poetry for speech competitions? We are really trying to find a funny poem, but other poetry is fine too. The poems need to be between three and five minutes long, but can be cut to fit time limits. Any Help?

Favorite Answer

Four of the best links I know of for poetry for children. Lots to choose form.

Good Luck!

Shel Silverstein is a good suggestion and some of his poems are long enough. Also consider poems from Roald Dahl books (such as Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) or Lewis Carrol books - Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, such as The Walrus and the Carpenter or Jabberwocky.

Funny 4th Grade Poems

Check out anything by Rahl Dahl... He is the guy who wrote Matilda and James and the Giant Peach

Try Shel Silverstein. He's funny!

Source(s): myself

Don't overlook A.A.Milne. I especially like "Wherever I go, there's always Pooh."

Jabberwocky !!!

That is quite a decent piece of work !!!

IMO !!