I am 26 years old, 5"7", 218lbs. I have tried every diet except homeopathic treatment. Is it safe?

I have not always been obese. When I was 20 years old, my weight was 167 lbs. Over the years, after the birth of my children I gained more and more weight. I am also a junior in college majoring in nutrition. I know what to eat but I seem to have a problem with temptation. I really want to lose weight. Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Answer

ooohhh! you are heeeaavy, get of those scales before you break them, it you look at the chart, you are wed, the government does not want you to be this fat, the government wants you to be owinge, if you like you can be tewa cotta, but the government does not want you to be wed!!!! get off dat sofa and get some exercise, if you dont you cannot be helped.

This is your last oppointment! SAVE YOURSELF, SAVE YOURSELF!!

Get a job that requires physical work (labour) and you will not need the help of any weight-loss Guru and you will be able to eat anything your taste buds desires. Guaranteed.

The trades are starving for apprentices in all areas. This is where the money is now and you will lose the weight while you are making loads of it.

We have become a push-button society afraid of labour intensive work. Therefore, we increase obesity.

I am also considered overweight for my height, however, it is not all what it seems to be. I am 6'5" in height and I weigh in at 300lbs. To some people my physical description would seem obvious that I am fat. However, I have gained a lot of muscle mass throughout the years working in hard labour intensive jobs all my life. Therefore, I am healthy and at a normal size for what I do.

So you're a "nutrition major" and you are mystified by 50 pounds of weight gain in only 6 years....WOW. How is it that you plan on advising patients one day soon about proper nutrition?

You need to sit down with one of your nutrition instructors and work out a serious dietary program that you can follow. No cheating or deviations from "the plan". This seems so obvious!

If you cannot do this and adhere to a sound nutritional balanced diet, then you seriously need to change your major immediately.

• .

If your problem is tempation then work on learning some self control and willpower. I'm 5'6" and topped out at over 230 lbs years ago...I'm a stress eater and food was a comfort to me.

I worked hard to lose the weight...lots of salad and chicken 'til I was sick of it...and exercise 5 or 6 days a week (1 or 2 hrs a day)...

When you make up your mind that your desire to be fit is stronger than the desire for that treat, you'll get busy and do it...as much as I love junk food (and I really do) I like wearing cute size 8 clothing more, I like sitting in theater or airline seats comfortably and not having to jam myself into them, I like walking up stairs or a hill and not feeling like my heart is going to burst, I like not avoiding having my photo taken because I'm embarrassed about my wt (and the camera adds 10 lbs), etc...

You're studying nutrition...cut your daily calorie intake by a few hundred (down to a level you can deal with but not unhealthy) and then get active...exercise 4 or 5 days a week...start with 15 to 30 mins and work up to 1 hour or more (break it into multiple workouts if needed)...you CAN get that weight off...if I did it, anyone can!

As for homeopathic diet methods, I don't know anything about them so cannot say. Do some research and see if the pros outweigh the cons if you decide to follow that path.

Good luck!

I am highly skeptical of homeopathic anything. I haven't seen evidence that it is effective.

I suggest that what might be missing in your weight-loss program is a good support network. That's the benefit of programs like weight-watchers and Jenny Craig. A lot of people have had good success through them. Having a friend do it with you is even better.

Good luck!

Ok I don't want to sound mean... really I don't... Just be happy with who you are... There are so many more things in life that important than what size you are. Love yourself and your time here on earth with your kids and don't sweat the small stuff.

Homeopathic is probably THE SAFEST route to go!