what happens when you get what you want???

from making deals with the devil to asking god for them i always have gotten what ive wanted one way or another, but its comes at a greatest price. But i want to know the answer, i'm a philosophy "want-to-er" and a thinker, i've almost always set my standards low but not always...

Favorite Answer

It builds a lot of character to be denied what you most want. To answer from a parental view, if I gave my children everything they wanted and sent them off into the world as adults, I am creating human beings who will never be happy. If I send human beings in the world who can find gratitude, then they are set up to find happiness.

Always getting what you want will make you manipulative, whiny and weak. It's a set up for failure and hurts harder when you fall.

There are two things in life I've had to resign to accept. One of those things is having a sick child that I know will never be healed. No amount of money or manipulation will get me what I most desire. I've had to choose to be unhappy about it or happy.

I think ultimately it's not about getting what you want, but to the degree with which you are comfortable allowing control to leave your hands. It's a control issue. You will at some point have to learn to that you will be okay if things don't go your way.

You should not be dealing with the devil # 1. You may think you get what u want but there will be a high prrice to pay so I suggest to fall in the hands of God as King David did read 1 Chronicles 21:1-13.

Phyl

• YD

I find it difficult to understand what you say. Still, as I understand I would like to express my view.

No one , in the world , can get everything he/she wants. It is impossible. If you think that the richest Bill gates will get everything he wants you are mistaken. human nature is such that once we get what we wanted , we want more of something else. generally people think that if we have money we can get anything . It is not so.

Try wanting something which will give you an understaning of yourself. Once you know yourself better you can handle your wants.

nothing. (and thats dangerous because we've been led to believe that "life will be good as long as we...", fill in the blank dodo)

depents on what is that if you want it so much you feel happy if it's something that you want it only the time you saw it then.......

what goes around comes around

To win.

what the heck are you talking about?

first of all I would never be making a deal with the devil for anything.....................................

You want more!