amy c asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Dread locks?

How do you get them? Are they reversable, can you undo them? When you get them how do you wash your hair?

• Sara
    Favorite Answer

You can get them several ways...

1. a salon is probably the best way to go, if you get them done at a salon they can sometimes be taken out. You can also get them done at a salon in one day.

2. You could also have a friend do them or do them yourself. You will need dread wax (at a beauty supply store or online)...and you cannot ever undo them, you would need to cut your hair very very short to get rid of them. They also require a lot of maintenence...if you do them yourself you can't get them in one day. They need to continually be twisted over the course of several weeks. You can't wash your hair while they are forming.

**Dreads require a lot of maintence and it is a big commitment. Think long and hard before you decide to get them. I think dreads are a very cool look, but I never got them because i didn't have the time and money to keep up with it. Good luck!

Sorry I don't feel like explaining everything, However I will tell you that if you have naturally straight hair, your hair will not be able to lock for dreads.

Please check this out for dread info

http://www.nappturality.com/forum/