Please offer advice to help one gain self-confidence in the business world?

Favorite Answer

The best advice I can give you is to be yourself and create as many relationships with the people around you in the business world as you can. Yes that sounds cheesy but I found that the business or professional world is based on who you know and how you treat them. When I go into a business situation or work with someone that may be providing me with financial resource or human resource or even nothing, I focus on being myself with that person. 1.) I am always honest--people always respect that even if it puts you in a bind. 2.) I get to know the person on a level that focuses on the relationship. When I do this, I keep in mind that I am NOT doing it for business or to get ahead. I am truly interested in who they are. I am interested in knowing people and connecting with them. We all are, sometimes we deny that. And no matter who they are--a CEO of a company or the person that answers the phone--they are just like you and me. People are the same everywhere. We have so much in common. We all have the same insecurities, we all think people are looking at us and judging us. But everyone feels that way so when you are dealing with other people you can feel calm, because they are worried just like you.

Other resources to gain self-confidence: Dale Carneige is a great resource--his info may be old but it is still very relevant. The Toastmasters--there may be a local group of this--they help people gain confidence in speaking. You know there are a million books out there (Stephen Covey has great managment books or try the One minute manager)etc... but you can focus on who you are with people just by paying attention to yourself in social situations. 1.) Do you share yourself with others? 2.) Do you hide out and try not to be social? 3.) Do you talk to new people or attempt to make new relationships on an ongoing basis? 4.) Can you create small talk? 5.) Are you bold enough to ask others about themselves and to share yourself too? Watch how you are in these situations and where you have a stop--go beyond it. Practice, fumble, this will help that confidence grow. Hope this answer is helpful to you, it is the way that I am in the business world. The more relationships I have with people in that world, the more comfortable I am in it. Good Luck!

self-worth is perplexing to learn and it takes time, i used to be truly shy and couldnt communicate over with every physique yet i made acquaintances that have been solid to hold close around with and that i saved beneficial and now i'm able to communicate over with somewhat lots all and sundry. it truly relies upon on your atmosphere and how you experience approximately your self. i realize it sounds lame yet attempt telling your self which you seem solid interior the reflect and in case you dont have faith it directly away save engaged on it untill you do. oh and coming up an eating sickness isn't the thank you to learn self-worth in certainty the entire opposite depriving your physique of nutritition could reason many psychological themes which consists of categories of melancholy that's usually acompanied by utilising paranoia which additionally fuels self conciousness. Im speaking from years of adventure. i'm hoping i helped

First, dress for success. Be clean and well groomed.

Second, model your behavior after someone you know or someone you have seen in a movie that impressed you as being a good business person.

Third, be considerate of everyone. It matters.

Fourth, go into your meetings prepared. There is no substitute for preparation.

Good luck to you!

Self confidence?? I think you have the confidence you need by the looks or your avatar.