The "real world" verses Yahoo Answers?

Do you think that if the people on here who give mean, hateful answers to everyone would still give the same answers if they were actually face to face with the person? What if everyone on here were in the room too? Do you think they would continue with their meaness or change the way they answer because they don't have a computer screen to hide behind?

Favorite Answer

Of course. It's the cowards that spew filth and hate and those that have nothing to say that will say it the loudest. One consolation is that most of the people with jobs that vote just dismiss these folks for what they are.

Peace

• Grrr!

To tell you the truth, I, myself, often give mean answers to certain questions that are actually bull. From time to time I do come across questions that deserve valid answers. Last week a certain question arose that really concerned me. I took the time to find a number on the web in order to give the asker a proper and helpful response. Sometimes I ask stupid questions myself in order to get mean responses. But I keep in mind that some askers may actuall be very young people seriously seeking out advice, so I try to use my head when answering them. Some people are mean by nature and do actually give mean and nasty responses to other's faces. If you are the asker and this happens, ignore it and move on to the next.

with me personally I have a problem expressing myself verbally and I need time to think about what I'm going to say. Yahoo Answers allows anyone else with this same problem to express themselves without limitations. Peace

• Angelz

I would give the same answers to your face or anyone els'es face but I'm that kind of person, I believe in Free Speech and I believe in calling a spade a spade. I think most others would say what they think also.

• LIly

No, I think it is much easier to be anonymous and hateful. It is sort of cowardly. I say what I think ,but I try to be respectful as long as the other party is. If they are not I wouldn't have a second thought about saying it to their face.

Being anonymous definitely encourages people to act more boldy. I think there was an article in Time about this.

I'll try and find a link.

Sometimes, this is a place for someone to show their true feelings, I guess.

This is a good question,though. :-)