Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 decade ago

How healthy are those Lean Cuisine frozen dinner entres?

They are really good, but is "lean cuisine" really a lean meal?

Favorite Answer

The calories tend to be lower than some other frozen dinners, but the sodium content is a killer -- literally. My father-in-law developed congestive heart failure after a steady diet of Lean Cuisine and other frozen entrees for several months after his wife died and he had to cook for himself.

Plus which, I think the box tastes better than its contents. As far as I'm concerned, the meals are only moderately lean, and the cuisine is nearly non-existent.

they have less calories and sodium than most.

there also isn't a lot of food in the box.

the word lean has nothing to do with nutritional content -- just the lack of calories.

Probably better than a sandwich and chips for lunch. I like taking them to work, they're not so big as to make me so full that I want a nap!

Personally, I think that anything that is a "meal in a box" or loaded up with preservatives can't be all that great for you.

• KathyS

If anything takes you more then 10 seconds to read the ingredient list, don't eat it.

• lovely

They are low in fat and calories but very high in sodium. Eat in moderation.

probably not, try looking at the nutrition facts.