DESI asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

my open cervix and bedrest?

ok i sort of get teh idea what it means now that my cervix is open at 22 weeks.

About my bedrest. is it okay to sit up in bed or must i lay flat.?

im using a laptop and laying flat is very uncomfortable

can i give my child radiation if i have the laptop ontop of my belly while laying down?

okay my doctor told me no sex. but does anal sex also count ?

i feel bad for my partner

Favorite Answer

Bedrest means you are in bed all the time except for to use the bathroom and to take a shower. Sitting up is fine as long as you are not cramping. There shouldn't be any danger from your computer to your fetus. No sex!!! Anal or otherwise. For one, the semen contains prostaglandins which can start labor. For another, any action that comes near your cervix can start labor. You have to think about this. Yes, you feel bad for your partner, but you have to consider your baby. A baby born at 22 weeks will not survive.

Source(s): I'm a labor and delivery nurse.

NO sex means no sex right now. Its the activity, not just which hole. Bed rest generally means laying down. In your case, it probably most certainly does. You're trying to avoid any weight from the baby on the cervix AT ALL.

You wont give your baby radiation holding the lap top on your belly, although your belly will get hot.

Ask your mom or gramma's if they have a breakfast tray for the bed that you can use as a small desk surface. THat would be a better idea. Or ask someone to go to walmart and get one. Or even the salvation army, theres always a few floating around there.

Generally when you're on bedrest it means laying on your left side without moving, except to pee.

Ok first off, you should be worrying about the health of you and your baby, not your partners sexual needs. Who gives a **** about that. Are you nuts? If your cervix is open at 22 weeks that could be very dangerous for your baby. You should be doing as little as possible and your partner should be doing as much as possible for you. I am sure you can sit up, bedrest is to keep you from moving around and potentially going into labour, so yes, ANAL sex does count as no sex.

Get a grip, your baby could be in serious trouble here, shouldn't that be the most important thing to you?

Your partner can get better aquainted with his/her hand.

OK bed rest means just that.You are to stay in bed and not be up moving around as much as possible. You may sit propped up. I can't see as how you using a laptop will harm your baby.

And no sex means just that no sex. Anal or other wise. If you are still unsure ask your Dr as he is the one who put you on bed rest he will be able to make clear those little Grey areas for you.

No sex means no sex. If you have an orgasm, that can cause contractions. I suppose you could give him a hand job or oral sex as long as he doesn't try to get you excited.

Don't lay flat.....that's not good for your blood flow. Laying on your side is good. Propped up with pillows is probably OK, but you might talk to your doctor.

I would recline as much as possible, definitly don't sit up completely just sit up enough to use the laptop. You'll need a lot of pillows.

Yes anal sex counts, you can however give him a b l o w j o b or a hand job.

I would do what the doctors say. I went through IVF to get pregnant and when I went through that the doctor told us no sex for 6 weeks. They said anything that could get me excited was out. My partner understood that no sex was for the child we both wanted. If can't find ways to take care of himself for a while, then he needs to really think about the baby

I never went through that, but if your doctor told you no sex, he means no sex, talk to your guy , and he should understand the reason why you can't have sex, think about what could happen to your child. good luck and hope you feel better.

you should be able to sit up,and no sex is no sex i am afraid,

Source(s): nurse
  • DASH

do oral.