How do you get rid of a swollen finger?

I don't know what happened. The tip of my finger just swole up, and it really hurts. I tried to put ice on it, and the ice made it worse. What do I do?

• Mubz
    Favorite Answer

If it is reallly bad, a short term thing you can do is go to the chemist and get Calamine lotion over the counter. Using it will get rid of the swelling albeit not for long. This is very short term!

Wrap your finger securely with tape or something. This will force the swelling to go down.

Also, take some aspirin or motrin. It'll also help stop the pain. Make sure you have food in your tummy when you take it.

Lastly, put the ice in a dishtowel or something so there's a barrier between your skin & the ice. Ice does reduce swelling.

you can also fill a glass with ice water & just keep your finger dipped in the water in place of the ice on it.

sounds like it could possibly be from some sort of bite, take aspirin that will help the swelling because it is a blood thinner, next take benadryl because that is a good in case you are having some kind of a allergic reaction from some kind of bite, but you really shouldn't take advice from the likes of us, get to a doctor

If you "don't know what happened", then I will assume that you didn't injure it to cause the swelling. You probably have an infection, so you need to take antibiotics asap. Go to the doctor.

if it contiunes to be swollen and tender for more any 2 days you need to go to the dr. he can prescribe antiobotics, sounds like you may have an infection.

try some heat you may have a infected hang nail or something in it