What does it mean if someone is in "rare form"?

I have heard that "rare form" means an unusual state in which preformance is higher than it usually is. I've also heard that it means when you are simply acting just as you usually do. So what does it really mean?

Favorite Answer

I think it means the former, that you go above and beyond what you normally do.

I have always thought it meant acting odd or not normal.. My mom says when a child gets hyper and outta control " your in rare form" so thats what i think it means. Look it up on google type in definition of rare form.. something should come up!

Good luck & Happy New Year!

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): quot rare form quot: https://tr.im/Q2TyY

I have often heard it used sarcastically. Let's say you have an obnoxious relative, and they are especially so at a family gathering. You might say, "Uncle Louie was in rare form on Thanksgiving Day."

I don't hear it used in a positive way very often.

It means that someone is having a time of or at the height of doing what they do frequently or do to you best (whether it be perceived good or bad) in relation to their idiocynchracies, gifts, talents, personality, charachter etc. .

Example 1:

My obnoxious alcoholic uncle was in rare when he got drunk at the wedding party, started a fight and knocked over the wedding cake.

Example 2:

The brilliant, talented surgeon was in rare form when he/she perfored the first tsuccessful operation of that sort, brilliantly leading the surgical team and saving the young person's life with 100% full recovery expected.

It's more like the first one, where your performance is higher than usual, but it can be complimentary where you are really having a good day doing whatever it is, or it can be sarcastic, like "what a jerk, he's really in fine form today." Hope that helps.

Unusual state in which performance is higher than it usually is. Nothing seems to go wrong for this person at this time. It's when you're "ON", ya know?

The expressions are used a lot in the country in Ireland. The 'form' being health/humour/mannerism. Someone who is in 'bad form' is down and feeling poorly, not to be messed with. Someone who is in 'good form' is healthy, in good humour and all is well. However, someone who is in 'rare form' or even 'rare auld form' is exceptionally happy, healthy, fit and 'rarin' to go'.....

• Jill

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/nKfJq

"weird" means -- strange or unusual 'rare" means -- hard to find or uncommon For example: Weird Habit, Weird language "Rare" -- rare species of plants, rare kind of jewelries

rare form means unusually above your normal performance

• Hollis

rare form