How did the rivalry between Mexicans and African Americans begin?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

In California it began becasue Mexicans began to move into predomnatly black communitys and they didnt like it. Started taking the same jobs they applied for, and the main reason was gangs, the Mexicans didnt take their s**t and foight back. Really its sad but its only big in the so called hood, and in high school. In real life we get along find one of my best friends at work is black.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I wish I knew. This is just my opinion: I think because the Mexicans are growing in number in the U.S. they are trying to kick the African Americans out of their territory and of course the Blacks feel that their way of living has been threatened. I think this rivalry started back in the late '70s. Peace.

• 1 decade ago

not being stereotypical or racist, i have no problem with either group, but i grew up in the ghetto. either someone from the black gang shot someone in the mexican or a mexican stabbed a black gang member, or the mexicans had more drugs. once again im not trying to be offensive.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Happy Helper isn't helping at all w/his misinformation. Blacks aren't immigrants. And white people aren't the majority now. And if anyone is conspiring, it's white people.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Both are protected classes so they are in competition for the same government jobs. I'm rooting for the US citizens.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i didnt know there was a rivlary between them, i just thought they were two different groups of immigrants who both seem to conspire against the majoritiy: white people

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.