Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelTravel (General)Packing & Preparation · 1 decade ago

How long does it take for a letter to go internationally by mail?

I sent a letter to Egypt yesterday. when should it get there?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Depends on the postal office in each country, exspect 2 to 3 weeks for a letter. Packages can be unbelivably long, once sent a small package to Iran,(in the past it would take a bout a month to arrive), but the last time it took 4 months!! Paid extra for express airmail too.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I can only tell you that if it actually gets there you are lucky... unfortunately, underdeveloped nations have a problem with mail... it gets stolen, lost, and who knows what (especially when the letter comes from the US)....

I tell you this from experience (been there done that and friend never got letter)... If you can't send an Email, then try to use a courier like FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc... like that you have the guarantee that it will make it there...

No problem in sending mail to Europe (and still... check on the country if it is not part of the European Union), Japan, Australia (as long as it is not in the Outback), Greenland, Canada... Other countries not covered here you should for sure try a different method...

Good luck...

• 1 decade ago

If you send it air mail it should only take about a week, surface (although I think they all go airmail) will take longer.

• Phy A
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

it usually takes 2wks and a max of 3wks for all ordinary mails to sent abroad or overseas.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

if there are direct flights between the two county, it takes around 10days. otherwise, it takes around 2months. I have experienced.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.