Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

My boyfriend of 2 years and friend of nine told me he isnt ready to spend the rest of his life with me.Help!?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years. We have known each other since we were little. And I have always loved him. The other day he told me that he loves me but he isnt ready to spend the rest of his life with me. What do I do. It's hard for me to think of not having him there when I get old. Or him not being the one who I say " I Do" to. Can anyone help me out. Has he gotten bored of me???

Favorite Answer

Sorry this has happened, But be glad he told you now. It may not meant that he does not love you, just that he wants to be 100 percent sure b4 comming to a marriage. (this is not a bad thing)

Marriage is a big step and everyone needs to take it seriously. Would you rather he have married you and then a few years down the road decided not to stay?

It may hurt now, but in the long run maybe hes not the one for you, maybe he's just all your have know (since you have been friends for so long)

don't listen to that guy.....some men just are not ready to commit, even after being together for 2 years, my husband and I were together for three years before we got married and there were plenty of times where he told me that he was not ready. I am sure that he loves you, do you guys have a happy relationship? How old are you if I may ask. Don't be in a rush, I thought that if I did not get married right away that it meant that he did not love me, when it all comes down to it, yes marriage is a sacred bond, but on the other hand it is still just a piece of paper, if you love him and he loves you, whether you get married tomorrow or 5-10years from now, will not change anything. Another thing is that if you keep worrying about it, it is going to make your relationship miserable and probably drive him away. Just love him, and show him that even though you love him and are ready to spend your life with him that you respect him and are willing to wait and work with him until he is ready. Good luck, and I am sure that it will work out!

• He's not bored with you, but he has begun to take you for granted. He assumes you will always be there and he does not have to wonder what life would be like without you. In other words he doesnt know how miserable he would be without you. What you should do is going to take guts:

You have to let him go. Let him explore life without you for awhile. And you should certainly explore life without him. Until you know whose out there you don't know who is right for you. he may choose to be with someone else, and if he does he was never yours to begin with. But the likelihood is that he will realize how much you mean to him and he will learn to value you more. You may realize that someone else treats you much better then he does, and you won't want him anymore. This experiement will take time, but it will be worth it if he is really "the one".

Source(s): Experience (A 7 year relationship that recently ended)

Tell him ok, and you're not ready to spend the rest of your life with him either. Then move on.