Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Why do so MANY liberals on here think saddam needed a "fair trial"?

My Goodness COME ON PEOPLE WAKE UP, HE WAS A BRUTAL DICTATOR, WHY IN THE HELL WOULD HE NEED A FAIR TRIAL?

HE KILLED THOUSANDS OF KURDS(GENOCIDE).

Yes I know he got a fair trial, he shouldn't have got one is what I'm saying.

Favorite Answer

He killed over a million people in 30 years..They should of blew his head off when they had him in that hole.

Not a liberal, but...

Saddam's trial was as fair as HE allowed it to be... The farcical nature of the trial came about because of his crazy antics.

He had the benefit of a US atty general, which is more than I would have given him. These libs seem to think that our US Constitutional rights apply to all people in the entire world.

Nonsense, our US C is what made the US great! And it only applies to people here in the US.

If the rest of the world wants the benefit of our form of government, they have to create it.

The Many Liberals that you speak about are Teaching our Children in Our Schools, and Colleges in Our Country. People, such as those working for the American? Civil Liberties? Union, are among those that you speak about.

This Country had better wake up, because these PEOPLE [LIBERALS] are destroying the Morals of our People, the American Family Structure, and the Educational System of Our Country. These are the Same Type of People who were responsible for the Fall of The Roman Empire, and the Creation of Nazi Germany!

In spite of his brutal genocidal practices he did receive a fair trial.

I certainly understand the sentiment. The individuals Saddam killed certainly didn't get a fair trial. The knee jerk reaction is "fry him."

But I'm a big believer in justice - and justice is not revenge or retaliation. Justice almost never can equal the crime it is being used to make up for. Justice is not equal to fairness.

He got a fair trial.

Ya know I consider myself somewhat liberal (god forbid!) and it doesn't necessarily mean I think that . . .

I think they should have executed him. Trial or not. So stop categorizing people as liberal or conservative. Life isn't that black and white. You ever hear of the color grey? Categorizing people is what causes genocide in the first place!

Don't let the BS wear you down.

Liberals can't help themselves. They are trapped in their Hatespeak mentality, and have lost the ability to reason. But it appears that you, too, have succumbed to hate. EVERYONE deserves a fair trial. And that's just what he got.

Because maybe Dictator Dumbya will want one someday?

He killed 100,000 Kurds, Hell we should have shot him on site in 2003.