High school sweet harts?

Are they a mith, is it possible to stay together even after high school?

Favorite Answer

Well my son was dating a girl since grade 10 and they are now happily married and have brought into my life 2 beautiful granddaughters. They are very much in love still and have been married for 9 years and together now for almost 16 years. Not that this happens often but this is an example of one time when it has worked out that way. Both are very mature and responsible and have been that way for years. They do not do any drugs (he smoked a bit in his youth) and neither are drinkers. I think that this helped them also.

Source(s): 51 years life experience

I think first loves are often the strongest loves. If I knew then what I know now I would have moved heaven and earth to stay with my high school sweetheart. Today, at 37, I now know he is the only person I have every truly loved. This is hard to know because when I was in high school people pooh-pooh those relationships and discourage you from staying together because you are "too young." People know what is in their hearts. Follow them.

When I was planning my wedding, I was part of quite a few wedding planning forums, and on those I saw numerous of couples that where high school sweethearts, so I'd say it's possible.

Several of them had even been together for 5-10 years when deciding to tie the knot. :)

it is possible yes it is possible after high school not a mith

My aunt and uncles have been together since they were 14 and there in there 50's now.. Happy New Year!

actually they are not a myth. My boyfriend and I had broken up in school to go to college. a few years later after he had gotten married and divorced, he looked me up again. we have been together for a few years now

possible, yes. u dont wanna go to the same college for the sake of your sweetheart. or whatever you wanna do, don't compromise. it really depends on the people and how much they like each other and if their both trusting.

yes. some people say that they always end in divorce or breakup, but more than half of regular marriages and relationships end in divorce or breakup anyways, so it doesnt matter. anything is possible.

I have known a few......so it is possible but not likely

It is possible