new cockatiel not drinking...?

I have new cockatiel that is not drinking. It wasn't eating for the first few days and then i found that it would eat oatmeal, corn tortillas, and cheese. So, it is eating now. But, It still isn't drinking. I did get it to take 2 small drinks yesterday. But, that it is. The water is untouched and it will not eat unless I feed it to him. if it's just laying around or in it's bowl it won't touch it. It's a bit more active than it was yesterday. it was hungry. But, I'm very worried about it dehydrating itself. How can I get it to drink water?

Favorite Answer

DO NOT WORRY. Cockatiels do not drink allot of water, usually the water will appear untouched! Fresh fruit & veggies contain moisture & will hydrate the bird some. But if you are really worried take it to the vet, thats the best way to KNOW how to teach your bird to drink more.

My bird was like that too. If its tap water, that can make it sick! Give it fresh water like Aquafina, or any bottled water, none of the sink water!!

Good luck!!

Best Regards,

♥ Maddie

new place not settled in yet. copy what he was drinking out of before.some birds couscous about new things. my bird likes nice clean warm water.

Call a on call vet and see what to do.