How can I de-clutter my life? Are there any easy efficient systems to re-organize? I have so much paperwork!?

Seriously, my life is so cluttered and I feel like I have no time to do anything about it. My office, a few closets, my attic and my garage are all disasters and I have no motivation to do it?

Favorite Answer

First you need to find some motivation.

Such as would you like to park your car in the garage, then start there, get some boxes and either pack up the stuff you cant live with out, mark the boxes and place them against one wall or on shelves or give the stuff away. Once you have accomplished that you will have more motivation to start another project.

Another idea, there are people who can help you with this kind of thing, it costs to have them help you, but well worth it.

Hope this helps.

Everything needs a place. If you dont have a place for it then chunk it. And call a friend over to help you go through stuff. It makes the time go by faster and you get more done. Also, if you have not used something in the last 3-6 months then get rid of it. I know you think you will use it but 9 times out of 10 you wont. End the madness. Good luck in 2007 getting organized. It wont be easy but once you do it you will feel wonderful. :-)

• cheezy

I am about to attempt the de-clutter the paper thing myself. for a start, I asked for & got a paper shredder(with the wastebasket) for christmas. I am gonna start one drawer / box at a time. Garbage gets shredded & the rest will go into the filing cabinet I never use

Welcome to my club. You'd be surprised how many people actually like organizing and cleaning up. I made a deal with my co-worker. She's going to help me get organized and I'm cooking meals for her. Before Christmas she came and wrapped all my gifts and I helped and taught her how to make tamales. It was fabulous. Talk to some of your friends and barter with them. It worked for me. Good luck on de-cluttering!