Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsBiology · 1 decade ago

Which of the folowing is the leading cause of bacterial-induced blindness?

chlamydia

HPV

AIDS

herpes simplex I

herpes simplex II

Favorite Answer

chlamydia is only bacteria among these.

so it must be it.

Chlamydia trachomatis infects eyes of new born babies.

herpes simplex virus can also cause blindness, but it is very rare.

I got diagnosed with herpes simplex virus (type 2) about five years ago, when I was still attending college and had a foolish one-night stand. I understand loads of girls say this, but I swear I had never done that sort of thing before. I just made a mistake that one time and suddenly I felt like I was going to have to live with the implications for my entire life. The hardest part was feeling I could never date other men again. In the end, who wants to go out with someone who has sores around her private parts? But since a friend shared this video https://tr.im/kiT3K everything improved.

Not only was I able to eradicate all traces of the herpes virus from my body in less than three weeks, but I was also able to start dating again. I even met the man of my dreams and I'm so lucky to write that just last week, in front of everyone in a crowded restaurant, he got down on one knee and proposed to me!! This program provided me the opportunity to be happy and experience true love again. Now I hope that I can help others by sharing this story.

i would think that pseudomonas aeruginosa, neisseria gonorrhia, or possibly haemophilus influenzae biovar aegypticus would be more likely to cause blindness than even chlamydia trachomatis. pseudomonas can be contracted from washing contacts with tap water. neisseria and chlamydia are common in newborns from mothers with those infections. and haemophilus is communicable person to person. so take your pick. but those others in the question REALLY aren't bacteria. they all have the word "virus" in their names (HPV, HIV, HSVI, HSVII).

Source(s): micro, pathogenic micro, and clinical micro