Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

Saddam refused to wear hood, why?

?

and even though he murdered many, why am I uneasy seeing an old man going to his death.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • SAM
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

He refused to wear hood because he is so full of himself....

He wanted to show that he is calm and not afraid!! It is so him.

I am Kuwaiti, and as a neighbouring country to Iraq... we suffered a lot... as the Iraqi did too... its his fate!!

Its Karma!!! Karma doesnt care if he is 69 or still in his 20's!!!

In the original Iraqi Constitution, execution should not take place on a holly day. Saddam Hussein changed that article in the constitution and it was amended to be able to execute anyone at any day in the year and he went along killing so many people publically... Yesterday was Arafa Day, and Today is Eid, a very VERY holly days in Islam, and Saddam was executed publically. KARMA!

PLUS... A video grab taken from al-Iraqiya television shows ousted Iraq president Saddam Hussein moments before being hanged in Baghdad. Saddam was hanged inside one of his former torture centres in the final act of a brutal 30-year tragedy that left the stage strewn with tens of thousands of corpses. And again I say KARMA!

I believe this is Karma! Saddam Hussein brought upon himself inevitable, bad, results. It is the cosmic principle that is taking its action. Each person is rewarded or punished in one incarnation according to that person's deeds in the previous incarnation. Its his fate/destiny.

Congratulations! AT LAST... The world is free from Saddam Hussein!!!

Source(s): Proud Kuwaiti ;-)
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You're uneasy about seeing an old man go to his death beacause you have a heart, and are a thoughtful and considerate human being. Be Thankful that you are! There are too many rejoicing in the deaths of others.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

how many more leaders should die if we start killing leaders of violent countries? its a political move by the west to appease its tax base that is paying for a worthless war. saddam refused the hood in a political showing. he was unafraid in death -- no need hiding behind a mask. if you have seen goya's painting the fifth of may it is a similar scene. faceless executioners and the face of humanity on the executed. smart move on saddams part.

• Rasta
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Until the very end he maintained that he was still the President of Iraq and as such refused to wear prison garb or even the hood.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

He was quite confident of himself, also he claim that he brougth prosperity to Iraq, and he did not want to wear the hood, maybe people migth see him as a coward

• 1 decade ago

His hearing was not that good , he thought they asked him if he"wanted to hang in the 'hood."

• 1 decade ago

because he was already blind..caused by years of closing his eyes to the suffering,torture,pain that he inflected upon others...the reason it bothers you is you still have compassion for others..something he lacked.

• akband
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

You tell me I am also at loss of words

• Jaff
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

He was different, He was bold, He was a dictator with his own style.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because he was scared of the dark?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.