Tone up vs. Lose Weight?

I would like to lose a few pounds but i know that i am not overweight. I am 15 years old, a girl, and I weigh 125 lbs. I want to eat healthy and I want to tone up what are some good excersises to do so that I can do this? This is one of my New Years Resolutions. Whenever I try to lose weight/eat healthy/tone up I always end up not doing it. So if you have any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!

Favorite Answer

It sounds to me that you don't need to lose weight. So if you do want to change your appearance, toning up is the way to go. It should be easier for you because you're not trying to tone and lose weight at the same time. SLOWLY make changes to your diet. If you change it all right away chances are you'll freak out and miss an old comfort food and the diet will spiral downhill to not a diet at all.

DIET:

If you drink pop every day, try to change it to not at all by starting out with 3 times a week, to only on weekends, to nothing.

Start drinking water. It fills you up and hydrates your body.

As silly as this sounds: chew your food better. You'll get more enjoyment from your food and it's easier to digest.

If you don't eat breakfast, START. I can not stress how important breakfast is. If you skip meals, your body actually STORES your fat, and reduces your metabolism. To build metabolism keep up on protein intake with meats, eggs, and protein supplements possibly. [Eggs for breakfast :) hurray!] Switch from sugary breakfast cereals {lucky charms, cinnamon toast crunch, trix....} to healthier cereals. {special K, fiber one, grape nut o's...}

Milk:(if you are using 2% or even whole milk gradually work your way down to skim milk.)

Snacking is good. Junk food snacking is not so good. You should eat every three hours to shut down the body's natural instinct to store fat as I mentioned above. This can be extremely hard to do during school hours, so I don't really stress this 'rule'. Right before you have an "unhealthy snack" (Nana’s triple chocolate chip brownies for example..) Choose a reasonable sized [brownie] don't always pick the big one. It's ok to have guilty little pleasures every now and again. But if you're on brownie number 3 ask yourself "do I really NEED this?" and go fish around the fridge for an apple if you're still a tad hungry.

EXCERSISE:

Buddy systems are great! Ask a friend to join in to motivate you. Who doesn't want to be healthy? If none of your friends or interested confide in an older/younger sibling or possibly your parents.

Workout plans: pick the one right for you.

No matter which workout you try most all of them recommend cardio. (A physical activity that gets your heart rate up. [sprinting up and down the stairs every morning to look for something doesn't count.] Do cardio for 20-30 minutes for a beginner.)

If you want long lean muscles try pilates or yoga. This will give you "dancer" muscles. It also increases flexibility.

If you want a bit more tone Tae Bo is a fun in your face work out that tones you WHILE you do cardio! Kill two birds with one stone.

There are tons of other things you can do as well.

If you want something different you might consider joining a gym, or subscribing to a fitness magazine. A couple my family's favorites are: Runners World, Prevention (this is more of a motherly thing.) and yoga journal. Magazines provide motivation, exercises and dieting plans.

Possibly, ask your health teacher/PE teacher some fitness questions. Your doctor too.

I'd give you more advice but this thing is pretty lengthy. Sorry it's so long. I love talking about this stuff. I'm also super sorry if this didn't help at all! I hope you find your answer! Stay motivated.

-bails

What are the reasons behind wanting to lose weight? When you look at weight you must also take into consideration height, bone density etc. I would consult your local Doctor first to see if you are in the right weight range.

When you exercise the body actually puts on weight because it is building muscle and muscle weighs more than fat.

I am not suggesting that you don't exercise but be sure that you are not wanting to deprive your body of essential elements, such as healthy diet regular exercise and a healthy dose of sleep daily.

Please be sure to check with your Doctor first!

I will try to keep it simple. Your metabolism is basically the rate at which your body burns calories to create energy. So the faster your metabolism, the faster you burn calories and the easier it is to lose unwanted weight. To boost your metabolism naturally you just need to eat the right foods.

You can sit down and literally eat a 1,000-calorie dinner and yet be absolutely starving just a few hours later and the reason is simple: Because your body didnt get what it needed in those 1,000 calories so it sends signals to your brain telling you to ingest more calories and thus, the late-night cravings. That means that the surest way to end those late-night cravings and keep your weight loss goals on track is to eat a more balanced, nutritious diet that actually gives your body what it needs.

It's VERY EASY to lose weight if you eat the right foods. Check out Dr. Charles Livingston's video here: http://www.sexyjese.com - it will blow your mind.

The decision is all up to you girl. You gotta have self discipline inorder to achieve your goal. For you to have a healthy lifestyle, you could atleast do 20 minutes aerobic exercise or much better go to the gym if you're really that figure conscious. You could also do "abs"(abdomen) exercises at home daily. sit-ups, crunches 20 repetition x 3 sets.

I've lost 5 kilos in my first week. It's my 10th day and I have included salad with some protein (eg. egg/ lean chicken) as you suggested. After 4 years of trying, the fat is finally coming off. It truly feels like magic!

Get started today!

Only one answer my dear......Exercise and a good diet.

30 minutes after you have eaten try a brisk 20 minutes walk.

another suggestion is to join a gym,there are qualified instructors there who will advise you with tips about healthy food and good cardio exercise .

Source(s): W@CKJONNY

Sleeping will effect your blody weight so get enough sleep to looss your weight

• iroc

have your parents spend the money and get you into a routine workout program for weeks and months not hours or days,..with a trainer to keep you on track.They will suggest the correct diet.

good luck!

Source(s): life

strap a parachute to your back and spend 30 minutes skydiving over the volcanoes in tongariro national park new zealand

the mix of cardio and toning five times a week will keep metabolism humming