River asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 decade ago

Are you offended by the term Merry Christmas?

• WMD
    Favorite Answer

No. I was born, and I live in a multi-cultural society.

If a Christian wished me a "Merry Christmas", I would not be offended, since that person is wishing me a good holiday celebration. If a Jew wished me "Happy Hanukah", that person would be wishing the same thing in different words, and so on...

Oh, while I am here River, may I wish you a "Happy New Year"?

• kennyj

This whole bit of nonsense about being offended by "Merry Christmas" is political correctness run amok. It's Christmas. I say "Merry Christmas" all I can. And what's more important than saying "Merry Christmas" is meaning it when it is said!

Of course not. Christmas is a day, people celebrate it, and I'm not going to get offended that people are wishing me a merry one.

No, Christmas should be merry. Though it is disturbing to know that day is actually a pagan holiday that Christianity swiped after the crusade which Christianity then dubbed Christmas. Oppression and false religions suck...

NO. Why should I be offended by that??? It is offensive, however, that so many people seem to be making such an issue of it. People are constantly offended by anything to do with Christianity, yet us Christians are expected to tolerate everything else and not be offended. It's sickening.

If I don't believe something or don't agree with it, I'm called intolerant and judgemental. If others disagree with ME, however, they have their rights and start suing for them. Ridiculous. I have no problem with other people believing differently than I do. We can't all be the same. So if I can respect others' beliefs, why can't they respect mine, too? It's such a double standard!

People don't seem to have much respect for others anymore. It's sad.

hello there!!..

ei..

OF COURSE NOT!!..i really dont get offended when someone greets me a "Merry Christmas!". Besides, since many years ago we people have been using that words to greet people during Christmas! hehehe,, But if your hatest and worst enemy greets you like that it seems like its an irony or something not good. Or maybe they just said it also to you to make you irritated. Thats all..hehehe..hope my answer help you anyway.

God bless!.

Happy new year!

tc.

I'm not, but if someone said it to me today I would be thinkin there is something wrong seeing as it was last week. ; P

But if you think about it Happy Holidays is a correct term to those you do not know what they celebrate, or Jehova Witnesses who do not celebrate anything, even birthdays. Seeing as I am a Christmas person, I am not.

no, i don't think people should be either. even if you celebrate another holiday, people are just trying to be nice when they say Merry......... i think if people are offended by it they should tell the person that they are, not sulk around ruining every body's holiday

No, and I've never met anyone who is. It's my belief that no one's really THAT touchy - it's just a ploy by the government to make us think people are so that we'll be more politically correct. I mean, really...who would be offended by this?

No not in the least. People that are offended really need to get over it.