What are some must sees in New Zealand and how can I see them?

I plan on taking a trip

Favorite Answer

kaikura to see the dolphins and whales!

auckland to visit rainbows end and the skytower!

any maiori i recomend the ones in rotorua and also in rotorua the pollyinesion pools and pollyspas (there fab)

also a maori show in rotorua! and zorbing is a must!

email me if u want anymore cos i no them all cos i livved there untill last year! its amieleanne06@yahoo.co.uk!

Depends what you are into. Taupo, rotorua ect for maori culture and seeing volcanic activity. Just skip the west coast of the north Island go down the east coast. Nelson and malborough in the northern end of the south Island are ok. You must see Kaikoura for whales ect, Christchurch is crap. Dunedin is great if you love to party (a real student town). Central otago is beutiful so is Te anau and Fiordland really wild magic places. Stewart Island off the southern end of the south island is great and still relatively undiscovered by many tourists, A must see too. The best time to visit depends on what sort of weather you like, winter and early spring are good for skiing ect but not much else it can be very cold and wet. Summer has warmer weather and seems to be when most tourists visit. Any questions email me. jackwhibley@yahoo.com

Source(s): I live there.

Roturoa stinks unless sulfur doesn't bother you. I recommend the South Island of all. Be careful trecking on the bush. Take an expert with you. Many thought were brave enough to tackle but wound up getting lost and the whole town looking for you.Don't go to deserted areas. By the way, clothes,shoes, etc. are ultra expensive here so bring extras with you. You don't want to pay a 300.00 pair of Sketchers when you can get them for US $35.00 back home. Other than that, I think you will love the rural atmosphere. Have fun but be safe.

Source(s): An American who has experienced life in NZ

Rent a car or camper van. You can literally drive the length of the country in a day (not that you would want to) and pretty much everything you would want to see is accessible by road so this is a great way to see the country.

If you are in the South Island I would recommend a trip around the Catlins - it's an amazing place with lots of natural wonders such as waterfalls and bush walks.

u have to go to the cathedral in christchurch! plus theres the sky tower in auckland, hamner springs where they have hot pools. Queenstown where u can go ski when its winter and pretty much everywhere else. u can rent a car and drive around new zealand the scenery is amazing!

Source(s): me. i live in christchurch