which comedy film is better?

liar liar , blazing saddles , 40 years old virgin , montly python search for the holy grail , history of the world by mel brooks? could you describe the plot? or any other sugestions?

Favorite Answer

blazing saddles and then 40 yr old virgin, for an older movie and newer one.

Geesch slim pic-kin's there, history of the world is too long, some funny stuff just like all Mel brooks films.. blazing saddles is about the same but not as long. If you like Jim Carrey liar liar but if you find him dumb that strikes that one out. Python stuff is always irreverent and half the gags you wonder what the heck they just said, never heard of the 40yr old one but sounds like one of the boring sex comedies that went straight to DVD.

Plots on history of the world is just that history of the world that is why its so long, blazing saddles is a western about a black guy that makes sheriff, the holy grail one is supposedly a comedy about the quest the best part is the cow going over the fort.. my guy laughed so hard he was choking the rest was a yawn. Liar Liar is I think about a guy who lies all the time then has to tell the truth all the time with disastrous results, carrey is such a poor many's Jerry Lewis its rather pathetic.

Try imdb.com for plot lines of all the movies.. just type in the title at the top.

Of those choices, I'd have a hard time deciding between:

Monty Python and the Holy Grail, which is a comedic look at King Arthur's mythical search for the Holy Grail.

or

Blazing Saddles, about a western town fighting evildoers who want to run them off.

Both are hilarious.

A few other suggestions? Almost any movie by the Coen Brothers, such as Raising Arizona or The Big Lebowski. Office Space is also a classic comedy. Another one would be The In-Laws with Peter Falk and Alan Arkin.

I've only seen liar liar and 40 year old virgin but they're both really good

liar liar-is about a lawyer who can't tell the truth. he promises his son that he'll be at his birthday but he misses it so the kid makes a wish that his father would tell the truth for just one day. then the next day his wish comes true. jim carrey is hilarious in it-definitely worth watching

I thought 40 year old virgin was gonna be some gross out comedy like american pie but it was actually really sweet and funny, good plot and the title says it all :D

Mel Brooks is so silly. And Monty Python is even more so...however, the dry humor in Holy Grail still makes me laugh harder...

History of the world part one by Mel Brooks.

• mac

Seen them all, yet my pick is "Monty Python." Still laughing over the coconut clapper, the fiesty rabbit, and the Knights who say "Nieat." So many more funny skits in that movie including "Bring out the Dead." Best Monty Python movie, a lot better than Life of Brian or Jabberwocky.

I haven't seen any of those other than The 40 year old virgin. I think the title is self explanitory. It's pretty funny.

I like 40 year old virgin. It's about a 40 year old virgin.

40 year old Virgin. There are other funny films like Kung Pow: enter the fist.