I have a bathtub that has one of those drains with the rubber sunction part that you push down to close.?

The rubber part you push down is compromised. What is it called and where can I buy the rubber part so that I don't have to buy a new drain?

Favorite Answer

common part, should be available at DIY, or plumbing supply.

part unscrews from center of drain support, maker name should be on chrome cap, or embossed on rubber.. or check overflow chrome piece probably same maker.

but just take it with you for proper fit.

If you can take that part to a good hardware store such as A C E ,home depot,84 lumber,lowes or maybe walmart may have the part or if you find a plumber that could give you an ideal.I rarely use the bathtub ( usually shower ) and i hate plumbing,but i may start a plumbing business because there are not any good plumbers around here in Tn.A guy could make a fortune...Good luck

• Nana

Do you mean compressed? Go to Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot, grocery store, etc. Many places carry them.

• john t

IS IT A RUBBER STOPPER ON A CHAIN OR THE SPRING LOAD PUSH ONCE FOR CLOSE, PUSH AGAIN FOR OPEN?

STOPPERS ARE AVAILABLE EVERYWHERE, THE SPRING LOAD ARE AT HARDWARE STORES AND PLUMBING SUPPLY HOUSES

It's called a tub plug, you can get one at any hardware store.

Take the old one with you, to get the right size.

Hope this helps.

lowes