blaque_314 asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

What is the best hair color for an dark complexion african american women who wants highlights?

Favorite Answer

Try going up gradually by going a couple shades lighter than your original color and then lighter the next time. It's not as noticable and before you know it you can get away with the nice colors that both Janet Jackson and or Mary Blige have.

dont go blonde! it will be an orangey color! instead i suggest that u warm up ur current color with some softer lighter brown highlights. u can do a couple different colors too to make it fun and the maintenence and wear and tear wont be as hard to keep up as bleach.

Source(s): cosmotologist

A brown or red.

Never go more than 2 shades lighter than your natural hair colour if you want the highlights to look good.

I think blonde or a real light brown looks awesome on African American women--I'm not saying it's "the best" but that is just my opinion. :)

Red

I like caramel and brown highlights

ok, in case you want to bypass that easy, you will would desire to bleach it!!! I even have black hair and the only way for me to get any color blonde is bleaching the shortcoming of existence it the colour you want. have faith me, it sux to do, and from first hand journey it may injury your hair, yet thats bout the only thank you to do it. desire I helped.

caramel or red highlights go well with dark colored hair. it depends on your hair color.

I think that you should have blond or light brown hair colour. It will improove your look and it will also highlight you.

maybe a dark red or a or two shades lighter than your natural color.