Bleeding 4 days after period....just like it was a 2nd period?

My period stopped 4 days ago and when i woke up this morning i was bleeding again....just as much as i would on a regular period...not alot but not spotting. Is this normal?

This has never happened to me before so it bothers me!!

Favorite Answer

It sounds like non-menstrual spotting to me, which happens to a lot of women. They have light bleeding after a few days of their regular periods and this stops in a couple of days. It might be caused by anything from stress, hormone imbalance, lack of proper nutrients and so on. Go and see your doctor though and mention it to them.

• You could be having a miscarriage. the same thing happened to me. I had my period in may of 2005 and it was a normal period well 4 days exactly later i started bleeding again But it was heavy and it was red to brown in color (No clots).

I was hurting in my back and stomach also. This is something that never happens to me either but my mom and husband both had me believing i was having 2 periods in one month. But after 6 days of hurting and bleeding (even though it was not alot) i went to the ER and they told me i was pregnant and most likely i was miscarrying and that was confirmed by an ultrasound.

They put me in the hospital overnight and the next day when i got out i was not hurting or bleeding so if i hadn't of gone to the er i would have never even known i was pregnant let alone miscarrying. I was 5 weeks pregnant and did not even know it.

I would take a pregnancy test if i were you. I am not trying to scare you but just take a test or go to the er if you have too.

What are the symptoms of Miscarriage ?

The warning sign of vaginal bleeding precedes nearly all miscarriages. Bleeding that signals a miscarriage may be little or heavy. It may be constant, or it may come and go. Bleeding may be followed by cramping abdominal pain and, in some women, lower backache. Although there may be other reasons for these symptoms, you should contact your doctor if any type of bleeding or severe pain occur.

http://www.medindia.net/Patients/PatientInfo/Misca...

Good luck and Take care

Source(s): *ButterFlyAngel*

ok. First, congrats on battling an undesirable being pregnant. Do you drink lots of caffeine? it somewhat is shown, that caffeine and rigidity could make you bleed irregularly. i became extremely under pressure, and on the shot(it somewhat is assume to get rid of your classes) and that i bleed extremely such as you. I went to the wellness care expert, and that they advised me it became rigidity. human beings say that "the blood has to return out sometime..." Which, for my area, is done crap. you're basically bleeding irregularly. we ladies folk, as so complicated. there is stuff i'm nevertheless studying approximately, approximately my physique, have faith it or not, and that i'm 25!

Not so sure I would class it as "normal" but our bodies often do crazy things especially at that time of the month. I wouldn't worry about it unless it keeps happening with every mentstral cycle. Not that I think it would hurt you, but it's more a pain in the butt than anything.

i think you should consult your doctor. It is not normal to have bleeding again after menstruation. Just wan't to ask is this the first tme or not? If not, I strongly advice you to seek care...

dude that kind of what i need i havent had my period for monthes.