My telephone not my computer. There is no ring or dial tone on my telephone. I can't get any incoming calls

I have checked the batteries and they are charged and all the other functions of the phone work. It just does not have a dial tone or it does not ring when anyone calls.

Favorite Answer

I suggest the following

1. Try an old fashioned telephone that does not require batteries and plug in telephone jack. If you still don't have dial tone, try to listen if there is any other sound. If there is absolutely no sound in the phone, that means your wire is disconnected somewhere.

2. If there is some sound (but no dial tone), you need to call your telephone service provider.

3. If the line is completely dead, check the wiring - try different socket in the house.

• Chele

I agree with chking the phone with a standard corded phone and looking for another outlet.

If you are in a home ... before calling the phone co. go outside to where the line comes in the house. The phone co usually has a standard phone jack that feeds the rest of the house (its in a box outside) pull out your line plug phone directly into that jack. If it still doesn't work it's the wiring to the house ... if you get dial tone and service then its the inside wiring. I've done this in my own home before (it will save you the service charge if you know where the problem is first)

ok what i decide directly to advise you do is visit the container outdoors the homestead to learn if the difficulty is interior or outdoors. Take a telephone and plug it into what sounds like a jack. yet another element to do is disconnect all the telephones from the jacks interior and examine them one by utilising one to isolate the difficulty. you're possibly going to could desire to call the telephone employer the two way. you are able to desire to easily have issues of outgoing calls or the static or noise on the line desires to be fastened. It each now and then could be accomplished by way of a telephone examine up.

You might have a short circuit on your line if you get a busy tone when you call into it, or a broken wire if you hear it ring(not your phone , i mean the phone you are using to call your line) if you called into it. Visit the following site to find out how to fix your phone line.

http://www.fix-your-phone-line.com

When was the last time you paid your bill? If it has been over 3 months, it's cut off.

If it's not a billing issue, do a service call through email. You can make an appointment online.

You need to have your phone carrier come out and fix your line.

check the outlet where phone jack is located