Please can somebody tell me what is the best contemporary monologue audition piece for a 29 year old man?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

When I needed one recently I found a good one from "Talk Radio" by Eric Bogosian in a book of monologues.

A good bookstore or library will have books of monologues. Only you can decide which is "best" for you!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Well, the one that helped get me into theatre school was a monologue from All Men Are Whores by David Mamet. You can find it in a collection called Goldberg Street. The whole thing (All Men Are Whores) runs about 30 minutes and is basically a collection of monologues by three people, which together form a consistent whole. But the best ones are Sam's. Get the book and piece together a suitable 3-5 min. one from that.

• 3 years ago

i can not write it for you, because could desire to be doing all your homework for you, which might defeat the point of what your instructor is making an attempt to coach you, yet i'm able to grant one thought... At your age, some females are greater effective at "guy" activities than adult adult males are... Write something humorous approximately how some adult adult males can not take care of that kinda of opposition...form of a 12-twelve months-old remark on adolescent sexism (sexism skill prejudice against females for the sheer certainty they are females, regardless of their athletic skill) element out the for sure humorous "dumbness" this thought is... occasion...If the suited soccer (or the different game) participant is a woman, why might adult adult males no longer decide on her to be on the gang to help them win all the video games..? Or vice versa...If the suited "4-sq." or "cheerleader" is a guy, why would not they be universal by utilising females the comparable way... If accomplished acceptable, out of your guy or woman innovations and thoughts on the difficulty, you are able to cause them to giggle with the absurdity of the assumption, and get an "A" for assisting adult adult males and girls understand why they could handle one yet another as equals in line with their skill, no longer their gender... desire this helped...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Look this up..Harold Hill from Meredith Wilson's The Music Man.

If that doesn't suit your style try something Shakesperian.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.