asm asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Irregular periods?

I am 28 and about 8 years ago had a problem where I went about 3 months without having a period. Then I had one everyday for about 2 1/2 years, very heavy. I had to get a blood transfusion because of it (from what I can gather, was close to dying because of the lose of blood). I went to 2-3 doctors (one family doctor and 2 ob/gyns) and none of them knew what was wrong with me. I was then put on birth control for about 2 years and everything was fine when I stopped taking it.

About 4 months ago, my fiancee broke up with me completely unexpectedly. To that point I was doing fine and my periods were "dependable". I had started back on the pill. I took it for only a month and stopped. After the breakup I went about 2 1/2 months with out a period, then last month had a light one and this month, I've had it for about 3 weeks. Some days it is light and others heavy. Didin't know if anyone would have any suggestions on why this would be happening again. Could it all be stress?

Favorite Answer

Could be stress. Have you been checked for endometriosis? That maybe another reason. I'd go back on the pill for now if I were you. If that can help regulate your period, then you can probably deal with your other stress factors better. Good luck and Happy New Year!

I think you should go to the doctors. As for you fiancee let it be. Try and move on as hard asit is.All this is affecting your health.

honey i really don't know what is wrong but what i suggest is that you go to the doc like now...you can bare to loose more blood you must eat a lot of red meat till you get better and please please go to the doctor...

luck

happy new year

and about your ex.. let it be.. try not to suffer something better Will come for sure...