Has anyone on here been DIRECTLY affected by Saddams evil? Your family, etc. If so, would you share story?

I guess I'm just trying to make sense of how people can celebrate the death of a man. I understand that he was evil. I'm just very gentle in nature, and this is difficult for me to comprehend.

Favorite Answer

Say five of your most loved friends adn family members were shot by his command. Would you still be gentle? It's hard to say right? Well Peace! let's leave this execution thing behind.

I can understand the Iraqi people's joy, although I'm not affected by Hussein's madness. My Chaldean friends escaped that country, who, in the early 80's they were forced into the army to fight the Iranians and they suffered horribly. And the preponderance of evidence attesting to Hussein's atrocities rightfully condemned him.

Not everyone is of a "very gentle in nature" as you, and it may be that you will continue to find it difficult to comprehend.

• IMHO

I wasn't affected.