Why is it alright for a guy to start hooking up with girls straight away after a breakup but when a girl does?

it she is called a sl ut?

Favorite Answer

because the guy is jealous and has to put the girl down in any way he can.

No one ever said that it is ok for guys to do so.. Many people have stupid thoughts and perception but they don't set the standard. Having another partner straight away after breaking up is just finding replacements to fill up the gaps in the person's heart. It only shows how weak the person is. It is not ok because I personally think that it isn't fair to both. Unless it is just some sort of games or hobbies then I guess it is 'normal'. Everyone can have a lover whenever they want to, no one has the right to judge. But of course, only the one knows what's the cause, what's the purpose of having that relationship. Whether is it alright or not, I guess only the one knows ;) Life is great, don't just live it, enjoy it. No one sets the standard for others.

It's a power thing. Guys do it as a response to an inner pain. Seeing you instantly move on proves to them that they were unable to make you happy and as a result they feel the need to try and keep you from being happy with someone else.

It's called a double standard. Women have come a long way, but unfortunately some things haven't changed.

Because your expected to mope around and look helpless with out a boyfriend.

I say what is good enough for the gander is good enough for the goose!

• neither should. anyone that hooks up right after a breakup is just plain needy and thats sad

Us girls have it rough in this life. I do what I want to do and don't worry about what other people say. It is your life, live it to the fullest.

That is how we guys stay in control, by making you feel that way.

it is because guys get back on the horse mush faster then women

that is so true, but i don't know the answer.