Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

question for depressed people?

for drowsy dpressed people. do sleep too much more than 10 hours a day. and you feel always you want sleep and you can sleep very easy. do you feel your self like drunk?

Favorite Answer

Depression is very hard to handle. If you can think of one thing in your life that's been positive try to build on that.

Also, try signing up a Karate school. Once you pass your first test, break your first board you'll be surprised at the endless possibilities.

Also talking with someone helps.

When I have been severely depressed I sleep all day long and yes I feel very somber like I need more sleep, the times in my life when I have gotten to this point were the times I was in need of help NOW !! I am not trying to tell you what to do but I hope you decide to get some help call a therapist get an appoint ment at the very least force yourself to take a shower get dressed and get out of the house look up at the sky the trees the birds nature is an awesome way to help depression

Source(s): My life

This could be seasonal affective disorder. "Winter depressions" typically cause hypersomnia (sleeping much more than usual). Then when you're awake you still feel tired and fatigued and sleepy. This type of depression is also common in bipolar disorder. If it's seasonal depression then spending more time outside in the sunlight or sitting in front of a special light box can help alot. If it's bipolar disorder you'll probably need medication. Since alot of other illnesses can cause similar symptoms you may want to go to the doctor and get a complete exam.

I used to sleep long hours like that and there were times that I felt like I was drunk, hungover, etc. when I wasn't. I used to be able to sleep anytime, anywhere. I now have to take sleeping medication because I either can't get to sleep because my brain won't shut off, or I wake up many times or both. I would maybe talk to your doctor and let them know how you are feeling. Ask about medication that could give you more energy. There are some anti-depressants that are supposed to be better with that than others.

~I feel sleepy a lot and sometimes I do sleep too much. I don't feel drunk, I feel drugged.~

... No.