Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 1 decade ago

Saddam Hussein?

Do any of you have opinions on him? Racist opinions welcome.

Favorite Answer

He's dead. Move on.

He was a typical politician for that part of the world. In my opinion, he was not really worse than any other ruler in the Middle East (they may differ in their attitudes toward the US and the West, in general, but other than that they are essentially the same). Saddam was the leader of the country that was divided along sectarian/ethnic lines, so he had to rule with the iron fist to keep the country from falling apart (this is what we observe now - I am not saying that this is bad, though). In any case, however, he lived by the sword and he died by the sword, and, in my books, this is fair.

• tdc923

It was weird when I was watching tv last night and the news broke the story and they were playing clips from his reign, etc. and talking about the execution, I thought to myself, "Wow, this horrible man is dead now! Finally!" But then I did feel a slight bit of sorrow. I think even the meanest man in the world's death is sorrowful but maybe now the Iraqi ppl can move on and not be scared.

Saddam may have done evil deeds but that does not make him an evil person. I wish him luck in the after life if there is one and hope that he has learned alot about life while he has been here. May he be able to help others in the after life somehow and may his death help others in the real world in some way. Hate mongering will get US nowhere...

• He's dead.

No loss to the world.

His life was worth less than the rope to hang him.

SO WHY THE F&*% DID WE SPEND SO MANY LIVES AND MONEY TO KILL HIM???????

hey we need more death penelties world wide instead of paying millions of keeping these jacks in jails

I THINK THAT HE COMMITTED SOME TERRIBLE CRIMES AND WAS PUNISHED..I THINK HE WAS IN HELL AT 10:08PM LAST NIGHT. YES HIS CRIMES WERE BAD BUT SO ARE ALL OF OURS. TO JESUS WHAT HE DID IS NO WORSE THAT SOMEONE LYING OR STEALING A SANDWICH..WE ARE ALL SINNERS,SOME JUST DECIDE TO BE SAVED FROM OUR WAYS OF SIN

He's one of Satan's helpers.May he burn forever.