Who are the bahais and what's the story of the bahai faith?

Please, I want the answer to be written in form of a text and preferably with pictures.

Favorite Answer

The Bahá'í Faith is a religion founded by Bahá'u'lláh in 19th century Persia. Bahá'ís number around 6 million in more than 200 countries around the world.[1][2]

According to Bahá'í teachings, religious history is seen as an evolving educational process for mankind, through God's messengers, which are termed Manifestations of God. Bahá'u'lláh is seen as the most recent, pivotal, but not final of these individuals. He claimed to be the expected redeemer and teacher prophesied in Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, and other religions, and that his mission was to establish a firm basis for unity throughout the world, and inaugurate an age of peace and justice, which Bahá'ís expect will inevitably arise.

"Bahá'í" (Ba-haa-ee or /baˈhaːʔiː/) can be an adjective referring to the Bahá'í Faith, or the term for a follower of Bahá'u'lláh (Bahá'í is not a noun meaning the religion as a whole). The term comes from the Arabic word Bahá’ (بهاء), meaning "glory" or "splendor".

The Bahai Faith is not a cult. It is an independent world religion (second most wide-spread next to Christianity) legally recognized in most countries in the world. We have Temples spanning the globe and the Baha'i World Center is located in Haifa, Israel on Mt. Carmel.

Some of the principles of the Baha'i Faith are:

The oneness of the world of humanity

The protection and guidance of the Holy Spirit

The foundation of all religion is one

Religion must be the cause of unity

Religion must accord with science and reason

Independent investigation of truth

Equality between men and women

The abandoning of all prejudices among mankind

Universal peace

Universal education

A universal language

Solution of the economic problem

An international tribunal

For authorized text and pictures visit www.bahai.org as mentioned above.

I don't think i can fully answer your question right now, but I will try my best. I am a Baha'i by religion, and it is a fantastic religion. The Baha'i's believe in many things, including 1 God, the unity of mankind, the unity of religion, the harmony of science and religion, and universal education. There are MANY more beliefs, I'm sorry I could not list them all. The Baha'i faith is a very peaceful religion. During the last 162 years, there have been no wars within the faith, and there are no "sects" or "denominations" of the faith. If you would like more information, feel free to email me at ryan_azad@hotmail.com. Hope that helped!

You don't want much, do you? If you want information about the Bahia cult, their temple is located in Evanston, IL. Look it up on Google. They will be more than happy to send you their propaganda. Their building IS beautiful though. Purely 2 Peter 2: 1-3 stuff. YBIC

www.bahai.org for text and pictures