what are the chances of a baby girl?

My husband and I have been married for 8 years. He has 2 boys from a previous marriage and I have one boy also from a previous marriage. I am 5 weeks pregnant with our first baby and I would really like it to be a girl. What are the odds? I know you cant tell me for sure, but would like your opinion. We are so excited!!!!! By the way if its a boy we're fine with that.

• Favorite Answer

All anyone an guess is you have a 50/50 chance at it being a girl

It's 50%! No matter what you have had in the past, the odds of a boy or girl each time will always be half and half. Hopefully, you get the 50% you would like to have!!! ;o)

• Nani

I say 50/50 it is up to the mans sperm though. My parents wanted a boy so they ended up having 7 kids. Also they were good Catholics and when my Dad was sniped they kicked them out of church. So much for the 50's and 60's.

Congratulations. Statistics say that the timing of intercouse as well as sexual position play a part in the sex of your baby. The female sperm are slower swimmers but they live longer. Having sex a couple of days before your ovulation day is the best time to conceive a girl. They male sperm are faster swimmers but they die faster so if you had sex two days before ovulation the male sperm would already be dead. The day of ovulation is the best day to conceive a male. Missionary style position (man on top) is better for a male conception and "doggy style" or the woman being on top is best for a female conception because you have deeper penetration therefore giving those slower swimmers a better chance of getting to that egg. Another tid bit of information for you is that the older the father of the baby the better chances of a female conception because as men age their sperm count lowers and they begine to produce more of the "x sperm (females)" than they "y sperm(males)" because the y sperm start to die off faster. Best of Luck to you. I wanted a daughter so bad but am very blessed with two great boys.

Source(s): Book called "Select the Sex of your baby"

Well, my fiancee has two boys from a previous relationship and I have one boy from a previous relationship and we now have a 7 month old baby girl. Maybe you'll get your girl! Good luck!

you have a 50% chance of it being a girl. You cant tell yet, there is no way! I wish you the best and hope it is what you want. but be happy you are blessed with the miracle of life no matter what!

50/50 some people say you can tell by how you are carrying the baby but i don't honestly know you have a 50/50 chance