Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Men, lets say you were with a woman for 7 yrs. than she got pregnant and you found out he wasn't your son?

How hurtful would that be and how long do you think it would take to get over her.

I am dating a guy who just went through this.

Favorite Answer

To tell the truth, he will NEVER "get over it"! Now, he will put it behind him, and live his life hopefully, but never will he get over it to the point that it doesn't ever cross his mind. Be patient, loving, and kind, to him, and that will help. If you push him on it,you most likely will lose him....and he might just be a "keeper". Good Luck!!

I've read somewhere that it takes you half as long as the relationship lasted to get over it. I think that's bupkus but who am i? I imagine that it would be very hurtful but it wouldn't take me long to get over her. I really don't have a place in my heart for liars of that magnitude. Call me cold. Don't try to get him to commit to anything *serious* any time soon and for the love of boB don't make any babies. Don't push him and eventually he might tell you when he's ready to move on.

Imagine if you had a boyfriend that had a six year old child with another woman when you had been together for 7 years. That would be almost as bad- because he thought the child was his.

Potentially devastating. Some people seem to give themselves more than others. I would become a recluse for a while probably, but the fact that he started dating again is a good sign.

How long it will take depends on how happy and loving the relationship was. Hang in there and give him time and support.

• sunny

Don't date this man. He is really hurt right now and you are not going to be able to do anything to help him with his pain. He needs time to get over this by himself. Stay out of it and away. This is just a warning. Think a little more of yourself than to go through this pain with him. It sounds romantic to help him at this time but in the long run you will be the one getting hurt badly.

He might not ever get over it. He may have trust issues with you because of her. I would probably find someone else. Don't think that you can make him all better. Have a long talk with him and tell him that if you see him being overly jealous and suspicious of you that you are done. And try not to give your heart to him right away in case he can't get past his hurt.

Look Im no man but you must have really hurt him.I would be suprised if he ever forgives you.How could you do something like that to some one you were with for 7years.You really hurt the man I can tell you that much

• RJ2K1

S*** happens. Some women lie better than Men. Tell him to get a Lawyer. Some of his money invested in her can be redeemed.

That would be really difficult. Probably will take a long time to work past that.

Not long, about 3 hours, then i would plot against her. Something too dark for speaking

depends on the guy he may never totally get over it we learn lessons from every experience some times we take the wrong lesson and get bitter.