Kristin asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

I am thinking about getting an inside pet...?

But I can't get a cat or dog. I would like something inexpensive. I already have a hamster and a guinea pig. My mom won't let me get a rabbit. So, any suggestions? And would you also tell me some info about what you suggest? Thanks!

There is nothing wrong with my hamster and guinea pig, I just wanted another animal. I love animals, but yes, I am limited right now. I am thinking of getting a gerbil, can you keep those in hamster cages? The wire ones?

Favorite Answer

No cat or dog? You are pretty much limited, whats wrong with the hamster and guinea pig? They are social creatures, so why not get another hamster and another guinea pig? This will add to the enrichment of your current pets life, but do your research based on the sex and age of your current pets and who they're gonna get a long with. And adopt! There are many exotic animal rescues out there, and small animal rescues. You could also purchase some new interactive housing for your pets, which, will make them happier and it will add a little spice to your love of them now, watching them with new toys and goodies and such!

You sound limited, just as I am... Why not get a small lizard? Or a gecko? Maybe even salamanders would be cool. But fish are just the slightest bit boring in my opinion. Get something exotic, yet easy to take care of, lives a healthy, long life, and is inexpensive! Personally I would get a chinchilla!

To the person who suggested a ferret: bad idea.

Ferrets are FAR from inexpensive pets. They actually cost a lot of money to keep. More than my cat or dog ever cost me.

How about a small lizard, or a fish? Chinchilla?

Believe it or not, of all the "pocket pets" I've owned, my rats were the nicest and most gentle pets. I know a lot of people are freaked out at the thought of owning one but they make wonderful pets. Ask any rat owner (except those who buy them to feed their snake of course) :) They are inexpensive too. You just have to make sure that they have been handled quite a bit and they are not skiddish.

I think you should get a ferret they may smell bad but they are fun and loving creatures(If you take care of them properly).I had 2 but they feel off the balcony(They aren't all that smart).

A Goldfish... Inexpensive and easy to keep.

But get something bigger than a bowl if you want him to live a long and happy life.

Get a snake! skip the furry friends!

it deepens on what you like a lizard or a reptile are cool good luck on finding one hope i helped

get a bird , there are alot of differnt kinds and prices.

ferret