If you were not born in America, what made you or your family come to America?

And from what country did you come.

Favorite Answer

I was born in Brazil, and the reason my family moved to the US was because my father loved the idea of traveling and experiencing other ways of life....although he ended up only staying here 6 years, my mom , my older sister and younger brother adapted to life here, and decided to stay....we have been here now, going on 38 years this coming May. Our family has grown and although we may visit Brazil and enjoy it tremendously, we are here to stay.

well i was born in mexico and my family came here when i was 1 year old. the reason they decided to come is because they needed money and a safer way of living. My grandfather is really messed up too but i never really got to know him since yea i was 1. My father had always been getting in trouble because of what my grandfather had said had done// his father got shot though it only scrapped his hand and when my father reported the criminal he nearly got shanked walking home from a soccer game

I was born here, but my mother was an immigrant from the Domincan Republic. My dad married her so she could stay in this country and they wound up having me. She's a realtor now who helps other Hispanics find homes.

An opportunity for a better life!