Loyce V asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

What is dosage of belis per. for 10 pound cat with diarrhea? Thanks.?

I read the precription on a website called Holisticat but can't contact them--or they don't respond. Local homeopatic vet doesn't use the substance. It was recommended specifically for the type of diarrhea this poor cat has had for some time. Help!

Update:

Check the article at their website authored by Nancy, it is about two pages long and describes many kinds of diarrhea. The vet has ruled out everything except liver problems. Thanks for your suggestions.

Update 2:

Check the article at their website authored by Nancy, it is about two pages long and describes many kinds of diarrhea. The vet has ruled out everything except liver problems. Thanks for your suggestions.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi Loyce...according to Holisticat's website Bellis is used as a remedy for use after abdominal surgery and when deep internal tissue has been traumatized not diarrhoea. http://www.holisticanimalmedicines.com/info_health...

You could try ringing The Academy of Veterinary Homeopathy (866) 652-1590 and see what they would recommend if Bellis would help. Other possible organizations you could try to contact: http://www.holisticmed.com/www/veterinary.html (see National/International Organzations)

Source(s): Animal Trainer to domestic and exotic cats Friend who practices homeopathic and traditional veterinary medicine
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

If you have a local homeopathic veterinarian I feel you should contact him/her and have a workup on your cat and give remedies at the dosages recommended by the veterinarian.

Diana does not appear to have conventional veterinary training. I would use a vet with that training plus something more than a "certificate" in homeopathy.

Homeopathy is a discipline that bases its healing on INDIVDUALLY precribed uses of the remedies. Some remedies can be helpful for certain conditions in low dosages - Igantia for grief, arnica for pain, ferrum phosphate or Nux vomica for vomiting and intestinal upset etc. When you move to 200C dosages you are doing very deep remedies. Whether they can be harmful to your cat I don't know and I do know that the cat must be evaluated by a homeopath in choosing remedies and dosages. You could be missing the mark completely by taking a remedy from a website on the basis of a general recommendation and not specific to your cat.

My cat who has bladder cancer is being treated by a homeopathic veterinarian. The cat has a remedy prescribed for him and has had a 200C dose, six weeks later a 1M dose and about four weeks ago a 10M dose of the specific remedy prescribed for him.

As you state, your cat has not had a liver problem ruled out for his diarrhea problem and that should be done before taking recommendations from a website.

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.