How do I find a job?

I owned my restaurant for over eleven years, but lately, business has not been great. We don't get many customers anymore. So I need to move on and find a job. How do I find a job? I once sent in a hand written resume with my job application. Why haven't I heard back?

Favorite Answer

I would start by submitting my resume to Careerbuilder, Monster Jobs and any other online resume posting site. They will allow you to upload your resume and send you emails when jobs become available in your area that match your profile.

• Aliz

Resumes should be typed and look professional. They may have not answered because of the way the resume looked or they found someone with a better background for what they needed.

Also, you should have followed up with a phone call. That would have shown that you were really interested in the job.

Good luck!

Hand written resumes are a no-no. Most companies will just toss them in the garbage. Microsoft has formated resumes and you can build your own and save it to send to prospective employers.

Type your resume or have it typed by someone else. Employers put great stock in neat and legible handwriting.

• Sir J

Go to www.monster.com and www.careerbuilder.com

you go looking for it