What need is there of a god now when the universe through its laws can function without him?

The only possibility is an afterlife, but he is not needed in our present world. In fact, all the suffering and hardships of the world strongly suggest the world functioning without a god.

Favorite Answer

I love your question :)

A lot of people are of the same opinion.

It always fascinates me that life goes on regardless of death and disease and famine and war

The world will keep on spinning untill it stops then your question will really be answered

Good luck

Source(s): My kind of understanding

A question, how the laws exist? If something is soooo complicated existed naturally, would it be toooo coinsidence?

From the furtherst, How can the earth circle around the sun, and still gives life in it?

To the nearest, how can one says human eyes existed "naturally" without a creator and until now no human can duplicate the eye?

Is there another thing such as God is needed for all these to come togather? OR is it just "naturally" existed?

Think outside the box and you will find the answer...

Well if God is the alpha and the omega then if God ceased to exist then those laws would cease to exist.

"all the suffering and hardships of the world strongly suggest the world functioning without a god."

A common misconception. What fun is a game that is easy to win? When did God (or any of his agents for that matter) say life would be easy?

What you are referring to is Deism. The set and forget theory. I lean a little toward that theory with some aspects of creation but the Bible does have examples of God interacting on a very personal level with people so I think it is true of nature but not of His relationship to human affairs. In the realm of human interaction I believe it is only by invitation and God will not intervene in a life unless someone has asked for it. God acting in the life of an atheist for instance is only at the request of some Christian somewhere who prayed for it.

It's how the nobility and the church kept the peasants from revolting in the Dark Ages...by telling them that their reward was in the next life. In other words, you're going to suffer now since life IS suffering, but after you die you'll be in paradise. And the more you suffer, the more you'll be rewarded. And the peasants bought it.

You'll see by the number of "thumbs down" just how many people are ignorant of a historical fact!

Jim the Fee, here!

You pose an interesting question. My response comes from

a reincarnationist viewpoint. Knowing that I will "live again" in

many future lives on planet earth, my essence? Soul? spark of

life? (you can choose any concept among these that you like)

makes me a part of God; therefore God and I are inseparable

without the God there we be no "me" so there is your answer

Source(s): Personal belief

Dear alucard, to the Contrary, majority of scientits now agree that thier was a starting point to every apsect of the creation of our universe, eveyr thing that begins must have a cause, a catalyst to set the Laws in motion, without such then all of these things would have to have preexisted. but then thats illogical, because for something to bring itself into existence is impossible. every scientist concludes that thier was a catalyst that began every function of creation. watch implies a watchmaker, painting implies a painter and creation implies a creator. none of these things could independantly bring themselves into existence, these things are conceptual. In actuality the Hardships you speak of should act to draw us closer to God, not farther away from belife in his existence. these sufferings and disease are caused by the fact we have sinned aginst God and he warned us of the consequences and we disobeyed him anyway. Sin is transgression of the law (teh Commandments) so every time we lie, steal, look with lust, use Gods name in vain, we are angeing him and not only prolonging our suffering but also gather wrath agaisnt ourselves on the day of judgement. heres why it should draw us close to God. God has created a way for us to be reconcilled to him and be forgiven and given freedome from death and suffereing. he sent his only son Jesus to suffer and die for your sins. in other words, Jesus took the punishment for every time you have lied, stolen, looked with lust, used his name in vain and coveted. if you wil repent (turn from sin) and trust in him he will forgive you, reconcille you to himself and grant you the gift of everlasting life with him when he abolsihes death and suffering once and for all. we should seek after him in repentance because he is the cure, and was merciful enough to make this cure available to us who have spit in his face, How much more merciful could he be?

God Bless

WDJD

If it wasn't for GOD, you wouldn't be asking questions on Yahoo! Answers questioning his divinity. GOD created the universe, no way the Big Bang started alll this. I am Catholic Christian and i believe that GOD is the answer.

People like you aren't grateful for what God has done. Who do you think put the Universe in place... A Leprechaun?

the world wouldn't even be here without God. He gives you the breath of life.