Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsHorse Racing · 1 decade ago

Barbaro question ?

In your opinion, do you think barbaro's leg injury at the preakness could have been cause when he broke out of the starting gate too early?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No, like many said, the experts say no. Barbaro was simply very good and at breaking at the gate, he was very rearing to go and a certain noise might have made him break through too early. He needed to put at least 300lbs of pressure to open that gate.

• Login to reply the answers
  • shkspr
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

His restlessness in the gate may certainly have been an indication that he was all wound up, but...if stewards and track vets were quick to leap to conclusions about such horses and scratch them immediately, we'd be looking at a lot of 4 and 5-horse fields.

I think that all parties concerned did exactly what they were supposed to do prior to re-loading Barbaro into the gate that day. What happened was a terrible misfortune for racing, but I'm not prepared to say that it was due to anyone's negligence or lack of concern for the safety of the animal.

• 1 decade ago

Naturally, anything is possible but I don't think that was where the inujury occured. After watching the race and hundreds of replays, it's after the start of the race and it appears from the head-on view that he and another horse bumped, ant that is where he gets hurt. Before that he was running well and looked good. He truly is a miracle horse with a fantastic disposition and fortitude; as well as incredibly smart, did you notice how he stood still and didn't fuss about after he was hurt and they were attending to him on the track? Simply an incredible horse.

• Sandi
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I've thought that from the beginning although the "experts" say no..........Have you seen him lately???....They say he's not out of the woods yet but they've done a fine job with him........He looks pretty good but it is heartbreaking to see how the looks now......That horse has a world of spirit and I think that's a big part of what pulled him thru..............CAT

webmaster@bobblesandmore.com

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

thats so obvious

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.