Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

Why Do America`s Liberals Seem So Extra Upset Today?

Is it because they have such a simplistic view on recent events ? Do they see Saddam`s execution as a Bush victory of sorts ? Why are America`s liberals on fire after Saddam`s penalty for his crimes against humanity ?

Favorite Answer

I was wondering the same thing . When bad things happen to bad people , they seem to take it personal . Nothings' changed here -liberals all root for the opposition as a rule .

Talk about simple!? Your view is the most simplistic I've yet seen. The reason some liberals are upset is very easy to explain.

First one must acknowledge that the US and allies are in Iraq illegally.....as noted by every international legal group/ organization in the world.

After telling the world why they bombed the country into dust (killing hundreds of thousands) we find that they new all along that they lied.

After coming up with several other reasons after the country and the world dismissed the first few........bringing democracy to the region seems to be the one they're sticking with now. A noble cause one might think...........however how do you demonstrate the principals of the democratic society......a fair trial would help do that. No one but Saddam's closest followers think he was innocent or within his right as the ruler to do all the things he orchestrated in his country for the last 35 years. However a fair trial would be a great way to demonstrate to Iraqis and other nations in the region that democracy works...........If you followed the trial and the working rules for the defense and the biases of the judges you would have no doubt noticed this was more of a show trail having nothing to do with justice.........another opportunity lost by the Americans to prove they are better than the fake trials that Saddam and his government carried out.......but they proved to be just as bad............Liberals are angry because of the lost opportunities to prove we have a better system. When you grow up at look at what is actually going around you and see the real state that the world is in I have the feeling you'd be angry too.

Ever heard the word "stereotype"? I'm an American liberal, and I really can't say I'm upset (not to mention "on fire") over the hanging of Saddam. His legacy pretty much speaks for itself.

Stereotyping is one of the most irritating things I find on Answers. How you could take an entire group of people within a country and label them as all feeling the same is beyond me.

And how "simplistic" a view is it to believe that ANY human being has the right to take the life of ANY OTHER human being? It's that righteous and wholly contradictory belief that gives birth to little Saddams.

Justice really can't afford to be smug...

It's because the other half are as bad as Saddam.

Republicans: Blow em up and get them out of the way....don't worry, be happy...(let's go recruit some more small town yahoo's for the war!!!)

Democrats: Liberal views like the rest of the world.

We'd all love to know the answer. I understand if there are Iraqi's out there who were personally affected. They have reason to celebrate and sing.

But the rest??

Because they feel it's not politically correct. Their concern is more about what others might think if they expressed their true feelings.

Yes yes yes and yes

Liberals = Simpletons

because they feel that life is the most important thing. that is why they kill so many babys

dont know ask jay leno