Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Is it hard to color your hair a home by yourself?

How hard is it to color you hair at home by yourself. Ive never colored my hair before by myself so I was wondering if I could do it.

Favorite Answer

Like anything that one does with his body or hands that is new, the first couple of times you try to do it is a bit difficult. Not only that, you have a time limitation with tinting, so you have to work fast. After the first couple of times, you get the hang of it, then it isn't a problem.

It is helpful if you can have a mirror situated to see your backside and still keep your hands free. In order to make sure that I cover all my roots, after I apply the tint as suggested, I lean over my bathtub and massage my scalp to make sure all the hair roots have been covered.

I lay a big old towel on my bathroom floor in case there is any accidents or drops of tint falling down. In the same vein, I put some paper down on the side of my sink to limit tint from staining there. I also take an alarm clock in the bathroom so I can keep track of the time. For tinting, I bought a comb with a point because I find it easier to use than the point of the bottle (I use Loreal tint too).

If you are going to dye your hair much lighter than what you have naturally, then I would go to a professional to do it, at least for the first time. Also consider the fact that when it grows out, your roots will be more apparent the greater the difference between your natural hair color and the tinted color. Tinting makes you hair more dry, so you should be prepared to buy better conditioning products and/or hair masks to keep you hair in condition.

Have fun!

No it's not hard at all. I just did it a few days ago, using a Revlon at home kit. Make sure you use all of the after color conditioner, it makes your hair really silky and healthy after coloring. Turn your head upside down to really get into the roots when putting on the color, use a mirror to get a look at the back of your head, and if you can, get someone to apply it for you. Make sure you have a big towel that you don't mind ruining, b/c the chances of not staining it are about 0.00000001%. You can put some petroleum jelly around your hair line to avoid staining. Note that at home hair color wears out a little faster so your roots will show and be a bit more severe if you don't keep dying it regularly. But the money you save is far worth it. Hope that helps, good luck!

It isn't that hard to color your hair at home by yourself. To me, I color my hair at home because it just saves me more money. But the thing I hate the most is the fumes and trying to distribute the color evenly. I find that the roots in the back may not be covered as well. Also, sometimes I get the coloring all over my bathroom and I will need to scrub it off right away so that it doesn't stain. Other than that, it's not that hard and it's a good way to save money.

I have done it twice and it was kind of hard it depends on which product you choose. It is not that hard but the thing that is hard with it is that you have to be careful all the time so that you will get a good result... But I recomend you to go to a professional to do it for you at least the first time you wanna dye your hair. she will tell you more about what the conequences with dying your hair will be and some tips to make the color last longer, she will also do it good.

To dye your hair could be fun and nice with a change,, but it damages your hair extremely. I suggest you keep your real hair color. just a tip.

Good Luck!

Source(s): mom is a Hairdresser

depends on whether you are going lighter, darker or the same and the type of color, such as permanent, demi permanent and semi permanent and temporary. if you are say, a medium brown, and want to be a darker brown, that is a little easier than trying to go very red, because it will be more noticeable if you miss spots. blonding should be done at a salon. why not try a color enhancing glaze to add shine and get the hang of it first then in a month you will be more comfortable and will be able to have had some practice.

it isn't that hard, but i rather just keep my hair color because the dye damages your hair. a solid color may be easy, but if you are getting highlights or lowlights, then i would say to get it done by a professional. If you do it by yourself, it gets really messed up and you need to go to a professional to get it out.

Source(s): me

USE ONLY LOREAL! Most of all the other products as metallic in them and it will stop you from doing alot of things . For an example: I can't get a perm do to the home coloring I used (metalic) and now I'm pissed off!... So be shure to use the right one! And ... its really easy, smells really bad .. but easy lol.

HAVE FUN :P

Source(s): ME

I am coloring my hair as we speak. I buy Loreal Preference. I found if I used other brands the color is not what I expected it to be.

yes! its hard to get the hair dye around the whole head, when you can't see the back of your head and you won't know how much hair dye to put on certain places and the color don't always come out how the box say how your color should come out.

if you think you cana color your hair by your self then i say go for it cause you never know when you can do something by yourself