What are some creative ways of influencing others?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Actions speak louder than words. Let people see how you got to where you are at by the actions you make. People will never listen to what you have to say, they all have to make their own mistakes and learn the hard way.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

One of the best ways to influence people is to tell them stories of people you know, heard about or even made up to fit the situation. Stories have been used throughout the ages as a tool for learning for very good reason; when told well it can captivate the listener and a lesson can be drawn from it. Stories can be used in both positive and negative ways to influence outcome, and are highly flexible, as they can be changed to fit just about any situation, and if you take the time to learn how to use persuasive and/or hypnotic language, you'll quickly learn how to drop in suggestions and commands, which are easily hidden within a well told story.

Stories also offer you uninterrupted time to get your message across, far more so than within a conversation where spoken time is more evenly shared between parties.

• 1 decade ago

The only way to influence others is through "power" over others. What I've learned in my sociology classes, you have power over others if your have one or many of these traits:

Authority

Higher Social Class

Institution (school, influential social group)

Charisma/Beauty

Expertise (job skill, special talent or ability)

Knowledge (blackmail, "out-smart")

Money (more than others)

Force (physical force or violence)

Moral Persuasian

Personally I use alot of all these traits to influence others, the best one that worked for me is knowledge, expertise, charisma/beauty, and moral persuasion.

• 1 decade ago

Find their PType:

The basic motive of the Idealist type is the desire for superiority.

The basic motive of the Rationalist type is the desire for power.

The basic motive of the Traditionalist type is the desire for belonging.

The basic motive of the Hedonist type is the desire for pleasure.

Neatness - orderliness - promptness

Managing others - control

Creativity - exercising intelligence and/or talent

Achievement - medals - awards

Nurturing -

Now that you know what they like you know exactly where to kiss them or put your nose.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I prefer a long, elaborate set of manipulative scenarios carefully planned so as to remain undetected, which ends with the outcome you desired without any of the participants knowing you actually directed them.

• 1 decade ago

Ask open ended questions, process the answers and feedback with interesting comments that encourage the listeners attention.

• 1 decade ago

Compliment them. Put yourself in their path. Be friendly. Smile. Be confident in yourself. You'll get noticed.

• 1 decade ago

show your interest in their talk.and remember things u have chatted b4

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.