Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 1 decade ago

how can i calm down? i feel jittery much of the time?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Learn to use mantra meditation. It will relax you within minutes. Find someone in your area who teaches this. Some will teach it for free. Ask around.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Stay off the sugar. Especially the morning. Avoid caffeine, soda and snack foods with a lot of sugar. Balance your diet. you should have 3 meals a day. breakfast Lunc and dinner with at least two snacks in between. Again try things like fruit or nuts on instead of chips or some other sugar packed snack. You may need more sleep.

You should also look into teaching yourself deep breathing and meditating exercises. check out this website

www.how-to-meditate.org

• 1 decade ago

Valerian, Hops, KavaKava you can attain all of these at Walmart. They also have blends that have the above plus more. There are some teas out as listed on one of the other answers, but that are not as potent. Also, stay away from DEcaf. only use naturally decaf. They use formaldehyde and other nasties that hurt you, your stomach and make you more jittery.

• 4 years ago

Someone joked about this in the first post. I however am being serious. In my experience lots of caffeine and sugar generally ups your energy levels and makes you hyperactive and nervous. Since I stopped smoking, drinking, drinking coke and eating sweet things, I am now quite a relaxed person.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I would suggest some deep breathing first--Sit down comfortably, close your eyes and begin to inhale through the nose, hold your breath a bit, and exhale through the mouth. Try for even breathing intervals to the count of three to start with. Learn relaxation techniques and meditation. Good luck.

• 1 decade ago

I would get a general physical at your doctor. Make sure your blood pressure is normal.

I take baths, lights out, candles... and just clear the mind. Concentrate on breath.

Try closing eyes and breath calmly.... 30sec break does wonders.

Yoga... meditation... talkign to yourself... eating right... reducing caffiene...

good luck

• 1 decade ago

Have you been tested for thyroid?

Most times when your thyroid is not working right,it will cause you to feel jittery,and other symptoms as will.

Hope this helps,and take care.

• Gary D
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I drink decaffeinated "Tension Tamer" tea from Celestial Seasonings and listen to music that calms me down. You can also try subliminal tapes that teach you how to relax.

• 1 decade ago

There are some herbs that can relax you.

Catnip tea

Chamomile tea

Rosemary tea

Valerian root. ask your local health store for advicem or look Valerian root in herb books.

I would also recommend that you see your doctor.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Take deep breaths; stretch and relax. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

And no caffeine!

Good luck to you!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.