Does your hand hurt when doing long essay exams? What is the longest written exam you ever had?

Favorite Answer

What a wimp! People like Mark Twain wrote entire books using only pen and paper. And you're complaining about a little exam? Get real.

Oh my goodness, my finals this previous semester were HORRIBLE! Every test was written.. Imagine, NO multiple choice, matching, nothing! Just long & short essays... Needless to say, my most difficult exams fell on the same day... Two of them & it totaled out approximately 5 hours between both of them. I wrote 19 pages on one exam! My hand was cramping so bad I thought I had arthritis! lol.

• Benji

I get stiff in the joints. Then the bartender warns me to stay out of those joints.

Yes, my hand hurt during long essay exams of two or three hours. It turned out I had arthritis even as a kid.

My hand hurt during a 2 hour exam of which i had to write with my left hand (im right handed) because i had a broken arm!

Yes, sometimes. The longest I have done was six hours.

Yes it aches, longest written was was three hours.

The butt gets stiff too.

• yep a bit. the longest i've done is only one period though, so not too bad.